* Project: NY Batten Kill Skellie Road 2016?
* Location: Batten Kill off Skellie Road in Jackson, NY -- some distance downstream of the East Greenwich Road bridge, where the BK is running between the railroad and Rte 29.
* Time frame: August 2016? : fundraising underway.
* Partners: U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, NY Dept. of Environmental Conservation, Washington County Soil, Water, & Conservation District, Clearwater & Adirondack Chapters of Trout Unlimited, & private landowners.
* Problem description: The problems along this section of the Batten Kill are the lack of cover and shelter for the trout and banks that are in danger of eroding.
* Planned project work: This project will improve trout habitat and stabilize banks through the installation of structures of wood and stone. We would install an assortment of structures to provide the missing cover and shelter and to protect the banks. This would be a significant project because it would be the furthest downstream that the Alliance has ever worked.
* Photos: Pictures show first upstream and then downstream views: beautiful, but little cover and shelter. The third pic shows a nice flood channel that is essential for flood plain access and water storage. The last pic shows how featureless the river bottom appears.